The NCHSAA Staff have been working closely with the NCHSAA Sports Medicine Advisory Committee (SMAC) on these recommendations for member schools regarding activities that align with NC DHHS directives. The guidance utilizes a phased approach for NCHSAA athletes and is intended to help school administrators, coaches, parents, students, and communities navigate a gradual reopening of high school athletic activities.
The health and safety measures outlined in this plan are formed utilizing the most current CDC, DHHS, and NCHSAA information. It is recognized, however, that the information and circumstances concerning COVID-19 remain fluid and variable. Therefore, these guidelines are subject to change in conjunction with new knowledge of COVID-19 or changing social conditions.
The Modified Sports Manual now incorporates and replaces information from all previous guidelines.
Specific updates include:
- Updated health and safety guidelines, including the most recent CDC and NC DHHS information (All such updates are shaded in orange.)
- Specific updates relative to football and lacrosse equipment shaded in orange
- Detailed Cross Country, Swimming & Diving, and Volleyball regulations and sport-specific modifications
- Specific spectator information is highlighted in yellow
- Calendar and basic skill development information for all other sports
2020-2021 Sports Calendar: – No changes from Sept 8