An Alexander County home was destroyed by fire Thursday afternoon (January 7). Shortly after 3 p.m. Thursday, firefighters from the Wittenburg, Taylorsville, Hiddenite, and Stony Point Fire Departments responded to a residence Old Landfill Road.
Alexander County Fire Marshall Mark Earle said the two-story structure, which had four residents, was a total loss. Earle says the likely cause of the fire is related to a wood stove or a chimney. No injuries were reported.[Information courtesy of Rick Gilbert, WACB]