skip to Main Content

Fire Involving Vehicle & Garage Fought In Morganton

Firefighters in Morganton responded to a garage fire Tuesday (October 3). At approximately 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, the Morganton Department of Public Safety responded to 206 Glendale Street in reference to a structure fire. Upon arrival, a motor vehicle and a single car garage were on-fire. Approximately 20 minutes later, the fire involving the vehicle and structure were under control.

Upon investigation, it was discovered that a resident at that address was charging the vehicle battery using a portable battery charger, which was plugged into an extension cord running to the residence. When the vehicle caught fire, the nearby exposure caught fire, as well. No one was in the vehicle or garage when the fire started.