skip to Main Content
Fire Causes Damage To Morganton Home

Fire Causes Damage To Morganton Home

Information was released Wednesday (May 20) on a house fire in Morganton earlier this week. On Monday (May 18), shortly after 6 p.m., Morganton Public Safety was dispatched to 211 Summit Street. Upon arrival, firefighters saw smoke coming from the single story residence.

Crews entering the residence found fire in the kitchen. It was quickly extinguished, preventing the spread to other parts of the home. Firefighters checked the home for any occupants and did not find any.

Fire Personnel remained on the scene for approximately one hour and 15 minutes. There were no injuries to residents or fire personnel. The fire is still under investigation by Morganton Public Safety. It does appear that the fire is accidental, possibly starting in the kitchen on a stove. The damage estimate is $13,000.