The Sugarloaf Convenience Center will open at its new location on Friday, December 15, at…
On Thursday, September 21, the Downtown Hickory Art Crawl brings artists, art demonstrations and music to Downtown Hickory. More than 50 artists will be displaying their creations in a four easy walkable city blocks. There will be pottery, paintings, woodworking, photography and much, much more. Please remember the art work is for sale!
Hickory Ballet will have an Elegant Interactive Musical “Find the First Raindrop”, with the Hickory Ballet Musical Theater Class. The musical begins at 6:00 pm beginning at Cowa Sake (1 N Center St #250), then moves to Stretch ’n Grow (107 Government Ave), then to the Harris Arcade Building and ends at Hickory Ballet (116 3rd St NW). This interactive musical invites you to sing and dance as we follow our Fairy-ologist through the Art Crawl. Who knows what kind of magical creatures we will find in our own downtown?! This performance is a perfect way for young children to participate in this event.
The Kick-Off Parties begins at 5:00 pm at Full Circle Arts, located at 42B Third Street NW and Trade Alley Art located at 25 Second Street NW. The works of the gallery members are highlighted at both galleries. Full Circle Arts will have their Silent Auction going on during the Crawl, make sure to bid on your favorite artwork. Maps of the Art Crawl route and the participants will be available at both locations. Make sure to pick one up so you do not miss out on any of the artists.
- FULL CIRCLE ARTS, Dual host of the Kick-Off Party at 5:00pm at 42B 3rd St NW, 828-322-7545. The works of Full Circle Arts members are highlighted including a preview display of FCA’s 14th fund-raising auction.
- HDDA INFORMATION BOOTH, Full Circle Arts Parking Lot, featuring HDDA information and merchandise.
- NAILED IT DIY, 107 Government Ave SW, 828-679-1400, offering a fresh, new way to approach Do-It-Yourself! Showcasing works by Gina Bumgarner.
- THISTLE DEW NICELY, FLORAL & GIFTS, 252 Union Square NW, 828-328-9844, offering all things “rustic and antique” and “modern and chic”, hosts Haleigh’s Place Studios
- MINT + MODERN, 246 Union Square NW Ste E, 828-608-0004, a small boutique offering trending fashion, jewelry, and accessories, Showcasing custom metal work by Ellen Ball.
- UNION SQUARE, featuring Rodney Smith (pottery demonstrations).
- SAMURAI INSTITUTE, Under the Sails, Martial Arts Studio, 704-775-3401, presenting metal work, and custom knives by craftsman Troy Barnett
- ATRIAX GROUP, Union Square NW, 828-315-9962, showcasing art by CVCC Art Students.
- TRACY’S ON THE SQUARE, 228 Union Square NW Suite A, 828-322-6651, features the acrylics of Ernie Sills.
- NATURAL OLIVE, 216 Union Square, 828-256-1950, a fun, taste-inspiring experience with over 50 olive oils, featuring quilting by Jennifer Kay (featured on Art Crawl poster).
- STRETCH N GROW, 107 Government Ave, 828-302-5236, world’s largest network of certified youth fitness instructors providing fun & engaging enrichment programs that get kids moving, featuring face painting and jewelry by Carla Young.
- COWA SAKE/FROTHERY ROOSTER, 1 N Center St #250, 828-475-7714, hybrid restaurant specializing in biscuits, caffeine, sushi, burgers, and cocktails, hosting sea glass artist Angelic Jeffers and Crystal Witherspoon watercolor and acrylic
- TRADE ALLEY ART, Dual host of the Kick-Off Party at 5:00pm at 25 Second Street NW, 828-578-1076, is an artist-owned Co-Op with 26-featured artists.
- TASTE FULL BEANS, 29 Second Street NW, 828-325-0108, has delicious coffee, muffins, and more. Featured artists are Suzanne Sorrell (Fabric Arts), Susie McGee (Handmade Paper Creations), Patrick Westmoreland (Watercolors), Rita Johnson (Jewelry), Redhawk Publications, Clayton Joe Young (Photography) and Janet Davis (Jewelry)
- ELEVATE – 14 1st Ave, 828-855-0550, Uplift. Inspire. Elevate will have a booth on Union Square and will showcase Audrey Sherrill watercolor and oil
- HARRIS ARCADE ALCOVE, 221 1st Ave NW, Face painting by South Caldwell High School Visual Art Students.
- LIFE DOESN’T SUCC, 2211st Ave NW STE 103, 828-332-3091, changing the world one plant at a time, features Marlene Warner sewing and embroidery
- TASTEBUDS POPCORN, 254 1st Ave NW Unit A, 828-855-0053, handcrafted, local gourmet popcorn, host fiber artist Leah Robinson and “The Flower Lady”, Molly Rose.
- CRESENT MOON CAFÉ, 256 1st Ave NW, 828-322-1456, features ceramic and wooden sculptures by Timothy Boyd and music by Kevin Lee Smith.
- HICKORY BALLET & PERFORMANCE ARTS, 116 3RD ST NW, 828-294-8438, a non-profit organization dedicated to training children and youth in Classical Ballet and the Performing Arts, showcasing demonstrations by students.
The Western Piedmont Symphony will have pop-up concerts at the CommScope Stage, Trade Alley Arts, Wine Shoppe and Barley Market. This event is sponsored by the City of Hickory.
For more information on HDDA, membership, businesses, other events and downtown Hickory, please call 828-322-1121 or email email@example.com. Please visit the website, www.downtownhickory.com.