The Hickory Police Department will hold a Career Open House on September 2 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Floyd W. Lucas, Jr. Police Headquarters. Any interested certified or non-certified Police Officer applicants interested in learning more about the Hickory Police Department or a career in law enforcement are encouraged to attend.
During the Open House, command staff, recruitment staff and other key department staff will offer a facilities tour, an overview of departmental operations, a community policing discussion, a recruitment video and equipment demonstrations, with a period for questions and answers at the conclusion of the evening.
Qualification requirements are:
- 20 years of age or older.
- Good health or physical condition.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent (college degree preferred).
- U.S. citizenship.
- N.C. driver’s license.
- Military must have honorable discharge (general discharges are evaluated on case-by-case basis).
- Pass an entry level physical ability test
- Pass an extensive background check, including psychological examination, polygraph examination, etc.
- Pass a pre-employment medical exam and drug screening.
- No criminal record or serious motor vehicle offenses.
- And, live within a 30 mile radius of H.P.D. headquarters.