The Hickory Parks & Recreation Department seasonally changes the hours of operation for all city-owned parks. Effective May 1, the new park hours will be from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. The change allows all parks to close approximately a half hour after sundown.
The change applies to the following parks:
- Civitan Park - 460 17th Avenue, N.E.
- Cliff Teague Park - 1125 2nd Street, S.E.
- Glenn C. Hilton, Jr. Memorial Park - 2000 6th Street, N.W.
- Henry Fork River Regional Recreation Park - 5655 Sweet Bay Lane.
- Hickory Optimist Park - 751 2nd Street Drive, N.W.
- Jaycee Park - 1515 12th Street Drive, N.W.
- Geitner/Rotary Park - 2035 12th Street Drive, N.W.
- Kiwanis Park - 805 6th Street, S.E.
- Southside Heights Park - 1400 2nd Street, S.W.
- Stanford Park - 1451 8th Street Drive, N.E.
- Taft Broome Park - 735 3rd Street, S.W.
- West Hickory Park - 830 16th Street, S.W.
- Winkler Park - 2500 Clement Blvd, N.W.